I was once a conservative, but now find myself more often than not in between the two extremes of most issues. This blog is dedicated to those who live in the tension critical thought can bring. I am the pastor of Harmony Baptist Church in Morton Valley, Texas, and am currently attending Seminary at the Logsdon Theological Seminary at Hardin-Simmons University.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

It's Been a While

Well, much has happened in the two months since I last posted. I wouldn't be suprised if I've lost most of my loyal readers in my abscence, the numbers probably reach into the five's now (given a base 5 number system). I am now a (very) happily married man. I have completed an application to Baylor Universitiy's Department of Religion for a Ph.D. in Systematic Theology (please note that this is independent of Truett Seminary, and institution in which I would not choose to enroll). I am embarking upon my final semester of Seminary, a prospect that might excite me more if it meant the end of my formal education, but nonetheless is still a significant milestone. As a good friend, Justin Dunn, said, "They're not going to just hand us our diplomas in May, they still expect us to actually do work." I wish I had something more theological to post, but maybe this update will prime the pump for future postings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I was just wondering why you wouldn't go to Truett? I'm thinking of going there myself and would like to be fair-warned if there's something seriously wrong there.

shawnlazar@hotmail.com

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Mark Rotramel said...

Hey! I, too, find myself between the "camps", so to speak. Perhaps I should say I feel like a child who somehow got overlooked in the divorce of his parents. Nevertheless, I'm glad to find your site. I, too, am curious as to your decision against Truett. I'm currently in the 2nd year of their DMin program and have found a "home" there, theologically, educationally, and relationally. As a 45-year-old minister with 25 years of ministry behind me, I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to say that.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:04:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home